Thursday, June 17, 2010

2010 NBA Finals: Celtics-Lakers Game 7

Well, not much more to say.

The Celtics need to play a perfect game offensively to have any chance at all. With their best rebounder and physical defender out with an injury, Boston needs to shoot lights out...and hope by some aberration that the Lakers have a cold shooting night. I think the Celtics need to score more than 100 points tonight to win, since you can't bank on the Lakers not being able to hit shots at home. And Boston will suffer on the defensive boards, so even if the Lakers miss, they will have plenty of put-back opportunities.

Boston either puts together their best game of the season, or they lose. So we'll see.

My wife is headed to a local bar to watch the game with a group of her friends, I will be at home. To be honest, I am going to be very relieved when this whole thing is finished. I just don't need the stress right now...and believe me, it's stressful. I can't wait to get back to both of us cheering for the Red Sox (but of course, it's Red Sox-Dodgers this weekend, just to #@*% with me, I'm sure). I feel like I've aged about 8 years over the past 2 weeks, and I'm done.

So whatever happens, at least it will be over.

At least for this season...

3 comments: